Thursday 1 October 2009

Wedding Bells

Just over 2 weeks ago I did my first major wedding shoot for a friends cousin. I had never met Jeff & Megan until the day itself which made me extremely nervous because I know how important it can be and the fear of ruining someones special day never left my mind. The wedding itself was a small affair of about 150 guests situated in an apple orchard in the north valley of Nova Scotia.

Everyone made me feel very welcome and I was treated like a guest with a place at a table and a meal from the buffet. The day was long, shooting for at least 6 hours, and my legs and back ached due to the constant crouching to get the right angles. I left the event feeling positive as I had glimpsed at a few shots before packing my kit away.


Megan & Jeff, originally uploaded by Fanboy30.

All that was left to do was edit down the 1000 shots to 200 and process them, a task that I only just finished today (hence the blog post). People forget just how much work is involved to make a perfect image, no matter what they tell you, 99% of the time it never comes straight out of the camera.

I use a couple of processing techniques in Photoshop incorporating layers and colour treatments to saturate and highlight the important parts of an image. Luckily most of the photos required the same minor tweaks and patch ups because they were shot in the same lighting conditions. All in all I am happy with the results, I posted a few on Facebook so Jeff and Megan could get a glimpse of what was to come, I heard good things back from them so that put my mind at rest.

Its hard to say that this is an area of photography I want to do often but it sure can pay the bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment