Wednesday 9 March 2011

Everything you do is a balloon


Everything you do is a balloon, originally uploaded by Fanboy30.

Its been a while would be an understatement, lets face it its been like forever since I blogged anything. I did start a Live Journal which has basically gone the way of the Dodo but I am trying to bring it back alongside my blog here.

My photography has suffered greatly over the past year and that is mainly due to lack of inspiration. Yes I was still posting to Flickr but half of it was content just to keep people interested. I could quite happily delete a lot of it and not batter an eyelid.

I have struggled for years that self portraiture seems to be my biggest crowd puller online and I tried to fight against the grain to see what other niche I could adopt. After a long time of pushing out work I wasn't happy with I thought what the hell am I doing? Why turn my back on what I was good at? My self portrait work was never really about me I was merely using myself as a vessel for ideas and situations.

Viewers could read my work as something personal or take whatever they liked from it and make there own conclusions. So I am now returning to a lot more of me on Flickr. That said I am still considering finding more people to help me achieve larger scaled set ups and scenarios because there is only so much of me I can take let alone my viewers. Also there are times I require men/woman of different ages and sizes to get an idea across that wouldn't be believable if I was to feature (my acting and Photoshop skills aren't THAT good).

Basically please bear with me as I find my feet once more and if anyone is still out there who even sees this then I appreciate your support and patience.

Watch this space.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you back, Matt :) I understand what you mean about SPs, I think all the 365ers would sympathise with you! I do love your SP work tho, you definitely have a portrait talent :) x

    ReplyDelete